Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Budding Blog Linky



I just found this Budding Blog today on an autism connection by Jannike Johnsen. The link is hosted by Jess at I {heart} Recess. As you can see I am well below the 200 followers point and my efforts to increase that have not gone well. I am trying to post more often and hopefully my topics have been interesting enough. I just need to get to advertising.

Here are the questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging about books when I was in college and had time to read for fun. When I began student teaching I discovered the world of teacher blogs, and could not wait to start my own once I got my own classroom. (it was a long 9 months)

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I enjoy teaching science most of all because it is a lot of hands on learning and that is how I learn best.

3. Describe your teaching style.

I believe in being firm but warm. My students know what is expected of them, and I follow through with appropriate consequences. My students feel safe knowing their boundaries, and that I care about their success and feelings. (haha I actually looked at my teaching philosophy I had to write in college. I surprisingly still mostly agree with what I wrote)

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
I try to be athletic (running, biking, and swimming). I actually never wanted to be a teacher, but knew I wanted to work with kids who have special needs. I like to go country line dancing, so cliche for a Texan, yet I have never ridden a horse. lol

5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
yes it is slowing growing with products. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teachntxsped

I look forward to discovering new bloggers. 










4 comments :

  1. hi Lacey, thank you for following my blog,I am new to this and every new follower is very exciting! I checked out your items on TpT and they look great, as soon as I figure it out, I will follow your blog. Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog through the linky and am happy to say that I am your newest follower!
    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to go line dancing too ;)

    ReplyDelete