Thursday, June 27, 2013

First Session of Summer school and bloglovin

WOW!! I can't believe my first session of summer school is finished. It went really well. I was so lucky to have my kids. They did fantastic transitioning and adapting to our makeshift classroom. We try to create boundaries for our kids to work in known as Zones. I used the little furniture I had to create three zones for the the three adults in my classroom. We ended up gaining a student (who I did not have during the school year) which made our ratio 1:2. Below is a video as promised, of our makeshift classroom. It is not on my instagram, because 15 seconds just is not enough time.


I tried to get crafty this week and stick to a theme. I decided to go with "patriotic" in honor of the holiday next week. It was really fun. We made flags, pinwheels, bubble "fireworks", and patriotic skewers.I really am horrible about remembering to take pictures but here are a few.
We made red (strawberries), White (marshmallows), and blue(blueberries) skewers. The students had to make a pattern with the colors and stick them on the skewer. It was pretty funny because the strawberries were giant and the skewers were small. The blueberries got smashed.
The kids glued on the stripes and colored stars on their flags. I did all the cutting. We also made pinwheels and bubble "fireworks" which I'm sorry to say I did not take pictures of. The bubble fireworks were cool and all my kids love bubbles. I just added food coloring the bubbles and they blew the bubbles on a white piece of construction paper. That wraps up my summer school session and hopefully I will take more pictures next session which starts July 22. Any thoughts on themes?

I also joined bloglovin, click my button or the link below to follow me please. I am sad to see google friend connect go, I just hate when they change things. This new bloglovin will be interesting to see all the stats, and I think I'm going to like the layout better.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 

1 comment :

  1. Are you looking for free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete