Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday

I'M BACK!!!!The past two weeks have been crazy, closing, moving, and the first week of summer school. I will share my crazy week below in this linky by Doodle Bugs Teaching.
fiveforfriday


1. First day of summer- Believe it or not today is the actual first day of summer!! I don't know about where you live but it has felt like summer here in South Texas for about a month. My car told me earlier this week one day it was 107 degrees outside. It quickly went down to 99 but either way it was HOT.


2.Closing - We sat through a 4 hour ridiculous closing to get our house. My husband took the whole week off to pack, move, and get into our new house, but when closing was pushed back two days it made it hard to get everything done.

3. My cat approves of the new house. He was a little scared at first, but quickly made himself at home. I think he is enjoying the cool hard floors and being able to watch the cars go by from the second floor window.

4. Summer School - I finished my first week of summer school yesterday. It is really nice because we only go half days from 8-1 and only Monday through Thursday. I was so excited to see my kids (even though it has only been a week and a half since I saw them last). I swear they grew in just that one week. One student I was expecting did not show and I was kinda sad, hopefully he shows up next week. I will try and remember to post an instagram video next week of our makeshift classroom.We tried to do this craft at summer school after reading the rainbow fish and talking about the ocean. We did not use cellophane or goldfish. My kids just colored a "sea scene" and we glued colored fruit loops around the window. I'm really bad about taking pictures, but I will take more next week of our crafts.

5. The Voice - I'm so proud of the winner of The Voice. She is from my hometown area and her high school is in the same school district as my high school alumni. I can't wait for her album and to watch her grow into a successful music artist. Way to go Danielle!!









1 comment :

  1. I hear ya! This month has been so crazy. I don't know how you are doing summer school and moving. Oi! I did summer school one year and I was so exhausted! I love your ocean craft. I will have to keep that in mind for next year.

    Enjoy your summer.

    Krystyn
    Ms Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete