Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pre-set up Classroom and 5 point scale materials

This is my classroom pre-set up. We were required to stack all the furniture and push everything against the walls before we left for summer. I can not believe summer is basically over. We go back August 19 and the kids will start the 26. I am in a training this week and will be in my classroom as much as I can until school starts. Next week I will zone my classroom. (read more about zoning a classroom here) I can't wait to get it ready for next year. I learned a lot my first year and will be doing things a little different. 
I read an awesome post at Autism Classroom News about the incredible 5 point scale book by Kari Dunn Buron and then I found the book on the resource shelf at my school. I was so excited that I decided to make some icons and manipulatives to use. I also watched "the incredible 5 point scale" module at Autism Internet Modules. You can get the task cards and portable booklet at my TPT store here. I introduced the materials to my kids this summer and will definitely be using it when school starts.


1 comment :