Thursday, November 21, 2013

Donors Choose Project - There is an Autism App for That

I have started my second Donors Choose Project to help get my students needed tablets. As many of you know electronic devices are some of the highest reinforcers for most of our kids. Right now I utilize the two computers (which I am grateful to have) to teach skills on fun websites such as abcya.com, starfall.com, and jacobslessons. My school district also has invested in several computer programs that track students progress as they "play" through the lessons. However, the computers are located in a fixed zone area of my classroom, and this is hard for students in other zones to use them. I am trying to get 3 Google android tablets funded for my classroom, to teach in all areas of the classroom and during the dreaded transition time. If you are interested in any of my TPT Store items I would be happy to send them to you if you donate to my project. There are only a few days left to double your donations using the promotion code INSPIRE. Thank you in advance for your support.

There is an Autism App for That    







1 comment :

  1. Hi Lacey!
    The community you have built on your blog is so lovely. I wanted to reach out because I am the community manager for the USC Rossier School of Education. We are wrapping up a blogger link up contest about classroom supplies that ends this Monday. I see that you are raising funds for your classroom and I was wondering if you would be interested in submitting your post into our contest. We are looking for classrooms that have a genuine need for additional supplies, and I feel that your classroom is a fit for this contest. The reality is that the average teacher spends $485 out of pocket for classroom supplies each year. The #ClassroomProject gives a voice to educators who are spending money out of pocket. This is an exciting contest for K-12 teacher bloggers to win one of 30 prizes that total more than $3,000 to purchase classroom supplies You can click here for more information: http://rossieronline.usc.edu/the-classroom-project-classroom-supplies-for-teachers-contest/ or feel free to reach out to me directly at erika.phyall@usc.edu. Thank you so much for sharing about your classroom with us, and I hope you join The Classroom Project!

    Sincerely,

    Erika Phyall
    USC Campaign Manager
    erika.phyall@usc.edu

    ReplyDelete